Carol Faynik, MA, LCSW, Inc.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- MA, University of Chicago, School of Social Service Administration, 1974
- BA, DePaul University, Chicago, 1970
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, State of Wisconsin, #1505-123
Scope of Practice:
- Assessment and Psychotherapy for Adults
- Individual, Couple, and Family Therapy
- Mental Health, Consultation, and Supervision (including supervision for social work licensure)
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Family/Marital/Couple Systems
- Interpersonal and relational
- Anxiety or fears
- Life transitions
- Relationship and couple concerns
- Loss or grief
- Divorce and stepfamily problems
- Older adults and their families
- Optimal emotional well-being
- LGBTQ couples and families
- Professional/career/work issues
- Extended family networks
- Women’s concerns
Your optimal emotional well-being is my primary concern. Together we can journey along your unique path of healing, tapping into your strength, motivation, and resilience for change.
I have nearly 40 years of experience doing psychotherapy. My work embraces the importance of family, friends, and community to a person and how they can help with healing. Couples can heal grudges, break old patterns, learn to manage conflicts, and develop increased closeness and connection.
I have success working with both same-sex and heterosexual couples. Extended family and multigenerational sessions are available, which can include sessions with parents and adult siblings gathering from various locales for a special focus over several hours or days. I can help with the stresses of life transitions, such as adolescence, leaving home, college, empty nest, dealing with aging parents, facing one’s own aging and mortality. People sometimes come to me to work on finding a balance between career/job and personal life.
Clients achieve hopeful and helpful outcomes through my treatment of divorce and stepfamily concerns, such as healing from the inherent losses, dealing with one’s ex, dating, and remarriage, and dealing with the needs of children blending from two families. I look forward to the chance to help you with your concerns in a personal, warm and individualized way.