COVID Related Information
July 10, 2020 – FTCM CLINICIANS CONTINUE TO SEE ALMOST ALL PATIENTS VIA TELEHEALTH AT THIS TIME.
We do, however, now have a protocol in place for in-person sessions if you and your clinician deem it necessary to meet in-person. If you choose to come into our offices, please know that our staff and clinicians are taking steps to minimize the risk of exposing you to COVID-19 by wearing masks ourselves, staying home if we are sick, cleaning high-touch surfaces throughout the day and limiting the number of people in our offices as much as possible.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we take extra precautions, using CDC and local health department recommendations, to promote the health and well-being of all. We hope that our measured response to resuming in-person services will allow some in-person sessions while preventing a resurgence of the virus in our community.
As always, please call office staff during regular business hours (8:30-4:30 Mon-Fri) with any questions or concerns.
***If you are scheduled for an in-person session, please review ALL the instructions listed below before coming to the office.
NEW PROCEDURES – What’s different now?
For IN-PERSON sessions at our FTCM, Inc. offices at the West Side office on Rayovac Dr.
We are so happy to see you! We are also very committed to your safety and to the safety of others. For this reason, you and your clinician will discuss both the requirements and the risks associated with coming into our offices for an appointment. You will be asked to do the following:
Before your appointment
- Please do NOT come into the office if you have any symptoms that could be associated with COVID-19 including a temperature over 99F, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of sense of taste or smell, muscle aches, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- Please do NOT come into the office if you have been in close contact with anyone with COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19 – in your household, in your workplace, or while traveling.
- Please record your temperature on the day of your appointment to ensure that you do not have a fever.
- Please bring a mask, a pen and your cell phone with you to the appointment.
- Consider dressing appropriately for the appointment as the windows of the office will be open and the room may be warmer or cooler than usual.
When you arrive
- Stay in your car or wait outside the building.
- Please do not call the office upon arrival. Your clinician will call you when they are ready to see you. (If you have been waiting more than 15 minutes past your appointment time, please DO call 608-276-9191 and press 3).
- You will be asked screening questions, including what your temperature is.
- Put on your mask at this time, have your pen and proceed to the suite.
- If you need to use the elevator, please ride it alone.
- Your clinician will meet you at the suite door.
- You will be offered hand sanitizer to wash your hands.
- The waiting room will NOT be in use.
- Please keep 6 feet of distancing in mind while in the suite – our hallways are narrow!
- You are encouraged to interact with our office staff only if absolutely necessary. Please call the office number with any billing questions or payments.
- Your clinician will lead you to the office, which will have been cleaned and prepared for your arrival.
- You will be asked to sign a form–Informed Consent for In-person Treatment During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
After you leave
- Please let us know if you or anyone with whom you are in close contact tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of your appointment.