|Barb Perkins, LCSW
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Scope of Practice
- Individual, couple, and family assessment and psychotherapy
- Child, adolescent, and adult psychotherapy
Areas of Interest
- Child, Adolescent, Adult Anxiety Disorders
- Adverse Childhood Experiences and Resilience
- Mood disorders
- Shame based thinking patterns, emotional sensitivity, and Borderline Personality Disorder
- Chronic pain, chronic health issues
- Relationship issues
- Life transitions
- PTSD and stress disorders
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Gottman Style Relationship Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- BSW, North Carolina State University, Summa cum Laude, 1991
- MSSW, UNC-Chapel Hill, 1992
We all have difficult times in our lives. We live in a complex world with complex relationships. My goal is to walk alongside you as you build resiliency and learn to manage those difficult times. I primarily use cognitive behavioral techniques with an added focus on emotional components, though your treatment plan is tailored to fit your individual goals and needs. My ideal clients are individuals or couples who have the courage to call, who understand that change comes from within, and are willing to take one step at a time.
My treatment begins with an in-depth assessment of your goals, strengths, and desired focus. As your consultant, I provide you with tools and resources that have been helpful to others. Most of all, I provide an empathetic and safe place to receive therapy.
I have worked in health and mental health agencies for over 25 years. I have worked within culturally diverse settings. I am trauma informed. Should you choose my practice, I provide respectful, thoughtful care.